Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Old Skool

I have been having a bit of a blast to the past lately. Blame it on watching Black to the Future on vh1. It got me thinking about things that was going on in the 90's, things they didn't bring up on the show that were from that era. I was working some McHammer pants with shiny shoes. Wearing a cross colors tee shirt and who can forget the duck head shorts the boys wore. Listening to some TLC and watching 90210. You know you watched it and you wanted to slap Brenda. I was not the only one! Hyper color tee shirts. Jordans had just came out and you could not believe a boy in middle school would wear $100 shoes. That was pimping right there! Your ass cut a lot of grass for those shoes. Dr. Dre the chronic was the coolest thing ever and Snoop Dogg was amazing. Metallica came out with the black album and blew everyone away. I remember eating taco bell and watching a year and half in the life of Metallica with my friend Rick on VHS, cause we didn't have dvds then. I seen Pearl Jam when they were huge and Eddie Vedder puked on me. Clear pepsi! It tasted like pepsi yet it just sorta didn't cause it was clear and it sorta freaked you out. Speaking of all that music I was listening to, I had a 6 disc cd changer with a double tape deck in my room that way you could record off the radio or from a friend's tape. I also had the coveted sony discman. I wore flannel shirts and doc martians. I also had vans. I was playing Dr. Mario, Street Fighter, Sonic the Hedgehog, Mortal Combat, and Sim City. I watched Beavis and Butthead and Ren and Stimpy. I ate ranch corn nuts and jolly ranchers. I watched the LA Riots and the OJ trial. I read Rolling Stone and Fangoria. I painted my toe nails black because my best friends mom, aka the former hippie, told us that's what they did. We wanted to be hippies so bad. My walls were covered in posters of Jim Morrison, Janis Joplin, Jimi Hendrix, half naked men and Steve Urkel. I listened to Nine inch nails on the radio. This was what my life was like before boys really came into it. The last half of the nineties was spent wasting my time with boys. It wasn't near as cool as the first half.

No comments:

Post a Comment